There is a difference between clicking the pictures in-studio lights and natural lights. You get the benefit of complete control of the lighting in the studio. Therefore, you can make the adjustments on it accordingly. On the other hand, there is nothing in your control in the natural lighting to do the photography. You can start by experimenting with the lighting set for the desirable results. A high-key lighting setup enables you to get the pictures without the dark shadows. It highlights the dominant parts in the images too. Also Read, YVETTE HEISER TALKS ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY OF ELDERS.
What does high-key lighting all about?
The high key photographs have to do many things with the white and light tones areas. High key lighting sets up strategically in a lot to get the tones near the central and white areas in the pictures. Yvette Heiser is a well-known photographer who considers the high key lighting factor while clicking the photos with the clients. The high-key lighting does not devoid of the presence of blacks from it. The blacks appear in the pictures less. High key images can evoke a cheerful mood and upbeat the mood in a person through the pictures.
Can you use the high key lighting to capture pictures in an outdoor location?
You can prefer to take the high key lighting to click the photos in the outdoor locations. There is no requirement to invest much money to get the studio lighting. Many photographers, including Yvette Heiser, do experiments with lighting to get the perfect picture. High-key lighting plays an important role in clicking pictures in street photography, landscape, wildlife, and natural photography.
Points to remember to do the high key lighting setup for photography
- You have to prepare the pure white background to start the photography and get the final desirable images.
- The three-point lighting gives a high effect. It includes the lighting settings in one key light, and the two lights are in the background.
- Get the best results by making the settings in the four key lightings two lights in the background, one key light, and one fill light.
- Do not stop making settings with the four lights only while doing the high lighting photography. Additionally, you can go to add more lights to create some high-end artistic and creative images.
- You are preparing for the high-key setups. Make adjustments in the key lighting, so the light falls on the subject. Therefore, it can create a different impact on photography.
- The first shoot would not come out perfect in high-key photography. It would help if you started practicing a lot to get the perfect shots in high-end photography.
- Don’t stop yourself from experimenting with the lighting to get the photos.
- You can prefer to make the final adjustments in the shot settings to get the correct lighting for the pictures.
- The subject color and dress color do not matter in the high-key lighting. It is great for you to stick with pastel colors while doing high-key photography.
Source Credit :